We have put together our Top Halloween Celebrations for Families list in this article, let us know if we missed any Must Attend events!
Halloween Celebrations for Families | 2013
Top Vegas Halloween Pumpkin Patches
- McKee Ranch Foundation Pumpkin Patch – A yearly tradition for many Vegas and Henderson families this is first on our list of Halloween Celebrations for Families! In October pumpkin patches are populating parking lots all over Vegas and Henderson. But where can you go to get a real family experience? Donation is $20 Per Family – no cap on how many in a family! Please bring canned food as well, McKee Ranch Foundation is a collection site for canned food. Included in that $20 donation is a Hayride and 1 pumpkin of your choice. Additional pumpkins are an additional donation of $8 each. Horse and pony rides are also available at an additional donation of $5 each rider and ride. Food Trucks, Face Painters, and on hand Photographer all enrich this already fantastic event.
- Gilcrease Orchards – 7800 N Tenaya Way, Las Vegas, NV This Pick Your Own orchard is FREE to walk and pick/dig up your bounty. For cars there is a $3 drive fee or your can walk and rent a wagon. *Arrive early as there are limited wagons. Open Tuesdays and Thursdays 7:00 am – Noon, Saturdays 7:00 am – 2:00 pm and Sundays 8:00 am – 2:00 pm. Pets are NOT allowed. The Gilcrease Orchards is somewhat stroller friendly, if your ready to take it off roading! Don’t forget to bring socks for everyone, bring shears to cut vines and a spades for the kids to dig up veggies, and of course…..Your Camera! Fresh produce and apple and pear cider are also available. To see what’s available per season and the fees visit the website, Gilcrease Orchards.
Top Vegas Halloween Festivals
- Springs Preserve Haunted Harvest - 333 S. Valley View Blvd., Las Vegas, NV Dates: October 11-13, 18-20, and 25-27 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm. The Springs Preserve Haunted Harvest Spooktacular is fun for all ages awaits those who dare enter the Spring Preserve’s annual Haunted Harvest. The family-friendly event features a haunted house, trick or treat stations, carnival games, live entertainment, a petting zoo, and much more spooktacular fun. While costumes are welcome at the Haunted Harvest, adults are not allowed to wear masks. $8 for adults, $5 for children 5 to 12 and free for those 4 and under. Members receive half off the regular admission price. Online price includes $1 per ticket convenience fee.
- Opportunity Village presents HalloVeen at the Magical Forest Beginning October 4th, 2013, Opportunity Village HalloVeen will be held on the weekend (Fri-Sun) from 5pm-9pm. We can’t wait to check out the Spooktacular Forest Express Passenger Train, Cheyenne’s Enchanted Carousel, the Slightly Scary Snowflake Slide and Boris the Elf’s 3D Experience. There’s more! Nightly parades, crafts and movies, Spookley the Square Pumpkin Storytelling Fridays, Scary-oke Saturdays, the Candy Cabin and the Magical Midway. Dates: October 4-6; 11-13; 18-20; 25-27 (Friday through Sunday).
- Southern Highlands Fall Festival at 10950 Southern Highlands Pkwy., Las Vegas. FREE festival on Saturday, October 19 11:00 am – 3:00 pm Games, raffle prizes, costume contest, vendors, food, drinks and fun for the whole family! Field games will also take place throughout the day, awarding prizes to winners. 2013 Southern Highlands Fall Festival to Benefit DSOSN on October 19th.
Halloween Celebrations for Families | 2013
Top Vegas to Henderson Halloween Attractions
- Nevada Southern Railway Halloween Express at 600 Yucca Street, Boulder City, NV
October 26 and 27: Fares and schedules are posted on website. Children ages 3-11 are FREE when wearing costume and children 3 and under are FREE. Face painting and balloon creations will be available at this event.
- Haunted Reef at the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay. Friday, October 25 – Sunday, October 27 (Community Day is October 25 10:00 am -10:00 pm), 10:00 am – 9:00 pm. Costumed children 12 and under will receive complimentary entry and candy treats and each adult also will receive one complimentary admission to Shark Reef Aquarium upon donating blood through United Blood Services.
- The Las Vegas-Clark County Library District offers workshops and more! See this link to check for listings of events at your local library.
Top Vegas Halloween Trick or Treating Locations
- Cox Treat Streets at Tivoli Village Sunday, October 27, 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm. Sponsored by Cox Communications, Cox Treat Streets at Tivoli Village is a free event featuring a variety of family friendly activities to celebrate the spooktacular holiday. Families with costumed children age 10 and under are welcome to trick-or-treat.
- Town Scary at Town Square, Las Vegas, NV October 31 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm. Town Square turns into Town SCARY this Halloween, and children of all ages are invited to trick-or-treat at participating stores and restaurants from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. on October 31. Several activities will take place throughout the night including a variety of holiday-themed children’s games. Town Scary is free and open to the public. Children should bring their own basket for trick-or-treating.
What about Henderson?