March Means Monster Jam in Las Vegas!
Looking back 15 years I never saw myself as someone who would get excited for a weekend of dirt and trucks, but 15 years ago I wasn’t married with two kids. I saw the monster truck races on television, I heard the commercials but I never once imagined that 363 days out of the year I’d have two little boys planning the two days of Monster Truck Madness. Y’all, Las Vegas hosts the Monster Jam World Finals. Pit parties, parades, and more happen at Sam Boyd Stadium beginning March 23rd. If you haven’t bought your tickets for the Monster Jam World Finals XVIII you’re missing out.
NEW THIS YEAR! Purchase single day tickets for Friday or Saturday. Single day tickets start at $61.
My kids are serious Monster Jam fans, they dug an arena in my yard and race their trucks there. Monster Mutt, Grave Digger, Max D, El Toro Loco, and others battle it out on a daily basis among the dirt, dust, and rocks of my front yard, sometimes dodging a tortoise that gets the way. Their races are almost as loud as Sam Boyd.
Monster Jam World Finals XVIII will be at Sam Boyd Stadium on:
Thursday, March 23, 7 p.m. – Double Down; Racing Qualifying
Friday, March 24, 7 p.m. – Racing Championship
Saturday, March 25, 7 p.m. – Freestyle Championship
The Pit Party features more than 100 Monster Jam trucks and drivers, including all Monster Jam World Finals competitors. Drivers will sign autographs during designated times. Other highlights include interactive displays, various kids’ activities, Graffiti Zone, thrill acts, Monster Jam Ride Truck, photo opportunities, Main Stage interviews and contests, and more.
Thursday, 11:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. – The Thursday Pit Party is only open to fans that purchase the Double Down Package. Fans will be required to show their Double Down pass to enter.
See the 31 drivers who have already qualified here! The last driver will qualify on Thursday night!
Friday and Saturday, 11:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. – Admission is free to all fans possessing a Friday and/or Saturday event ticket. Fans will be required to show their event ticket to enter.
Download a coloring sheet to get your kids excited about this weekend jam-packed with fun!
What to Expect:
- You will be parking in a dirt lot across the street from Sam Boyd Stadium. Wear comfortable shoes and expect to do a lot of walking.
- The pit party is outside of Sam Boyd Stadium. There are food and drink vendors, including beer, and places to sit. It is sunny and warm so do pack water bottles, especially for children and plenty of sunscreen.
- There is merchandise to buy both at the Pit Party and inside the stadium.
- There are meet and greet times with the truck drivers at the Pit Party. You can buy merchandise to have them sign, such as t-shirts or you could bring an autograph book. Bring along a sharpie just in case!
- The best time to meet your favorite driver and get an autograph is before lunch on Friday.
- The pit party ends at 5pm, but as early as 4:30 the staff begins to move people toward the exit in preparation for the parade of trucks. The parade into the stadium begins at 5:30pm both Friday & Saturday. Find a fun spot to watch all the trucks drive by and drivers wave to crowd. There’s plenty of room. If you want a snack, grab one from the vendors on the way out.
- The event inside the stadium doesn’t begin until 7pm, but the gates open at 5pm so you have time to either go inside and have dinner or walk back to your vehicle for a picnic dinner (bring a cooler?)
- Strollers are allowed and even helpful for the pit party but will have to be parked for the races/freestyle event in the stadium.
- NEW THIS YEAR – Pay attention to your tickets. If you purchase multi-day tickets you will only receive ONE ticket for the entire event.
- Wear comfortable shoes. Wear and bring sunscreen. Pack and drink lots of water. I can’t say this enough.
- The evening events may be loud for children! The trucks are loud and there are typically fireworks. You can find ear plugs at most drug stores or check out the ear muffs at Harbor Freight for around $10. The red ones will size down to fit most babies. We also had a reader tell us the “dollar store” had ear muffs as well. If you want to be more festive and fun the event typically have ear muffs in the shape of tires for around $20, they looked great on me!
- There’s a lot of dirt. Bring baby wipes to clean hands and faces.
- Expect traffic both coming and going. Use the potty before heading home after the event.
- HAVE FUN. Make memories.
BUT WAIT … THERE’S MORE …
Save $10 on tickets for Friday, March 24 when you use the code MJWF18MOM. Redeem offer at UNLVtickets.com or 702-739-FANS. Limit 8 tickets per transaction. No double discounts. Excludes multi-day ticket packages and premium seats.
PLUS … A giveaway!
We’re giving away TWO family four packs for Friday!
To enter comment here with your favorite truck!
For a second chance to win, join us on Instagram @vegasfamilyguide and post a picture of your kids loving the outdoor life. Comment with #vegasfamily and tag us so we can find you to win!
Both winners will be announced on Wednesday!
DUE TO OVERWHELMING RESPONSE AND THE UPDATE OF THIS POST, WE’VE EXTENDED THE CONTENT UNTIL THURSDAY AT NOON!
Pit Party Details!