Las Vegas Showgirls
50-foot tall showgirls light up Downtown Las Vegas
YESCO, the 102-year-old company known for creating, repairing and maintaining internationally recognizable signs, and the city of Las Vegas announce the installation and official lighting of two brand-new, 50-foot-tall Las Vegas showgirls on the corner of Main Street and Las Vegas Boulevard.
These new Las Vegas showgirl signs are double the height of the prior showgirl icons installed in 2018, which each stood 25-feet tall. The showgirls will light up at dusk.
The retro-style Las Vegas showgirls will create a lasting legacy for the city as they join the previously installed dice sculptures and sidewalk roulette table to welcome visitors to downtown Las Vegas.
The previously installed, 25-foot-tall showgirl signs are currently undergoing refurbishment due to weather damage. They are scheduled to be installed in the Las Vegas Arts District this fall on the corner of Fourth Street and Las Vegas Boulevard, in front of the Las Vegas Deuce double-decker bus stop.
FUN FACTS/OLD SHOWGIRLS:
- Height: Each showgirl was 26-feet tall by 8-feet wide
- Weight: Each showgirl weighed 3,250 pounds.
- The showgirls were internally illuminated with white LED modules.
- The headdresses were part of the graphic face and not separate.
FUN FACTS/ NEW SHOWGIRLS:
- Height: Each showgirl is 50-feet tall by 15-feet wide
- Weight: Each showgirl weighs 6,800 pounds
- The showgirls are internally illuminated with white LED. The headdresses are lit with exposed full-color LED pucks designed to scintillate or twinkle.
- Each headdress is more than 5-feet tall and 6-feet wide.