Las Vegas Mermaid School
Mermaid school is back in Las Vegas. After a pandemic pause, Silverton Casino is bringing back Mermaid School this June for children ages 7 years to 12 years. We had the opportunity to check out Mermaid School in October 2019 and can’t wait for more Las Vegas kids to experience it again starting this summer.
The Silverton will offer Mermaid School on Saturdays and Sundays starting June 2022. The experience is 90 minutes and gives participants the opportunity to dive into the 117,000-gallon aquarium and swim alongside its famed mermaids and thousands of tropical fish, including our favorite pufferfish!
Mermaid School is $175
Each Session includes:
- All the gear you need, including goggles. Just bring a towel and a dry change of clothes.
- Mermaid warm-up class (think yoga for mermaids)
- A behind-the-scenes tour of the Silverton aquarium.
- A swim in the tank with a mermaid tail and the famous Silverton Mermaids
- A certificate of completion
- Memories that last a lifetime
Mermaid School is currently scheduled to run the following weekends.
Mermaid School is 8:30am – 10am on select days.
Mermaid School can be booked online at silvertoncasino.com. For more information, please call (702) 263-7777.
A magical opportunity to become a Mermaid and swim in the aquarium!
As part of the magical 90-minute experience, fans ages 19 or older are transformed into a famed Silverton mermaid and swim in the casino’s 117,000-gallon aquarium, along with thousands of tropical fish and rays.
Each session includes:
- A mermaid “warm up” class
- A Mermaid School photo op
- A mermaid swim in the aquarium with a tail (sizes available up to XXXL)
- A behind-the-scenes tour of the aquarium and the sea life that lives within it
- A voucher for a free post-class mimosa at a casino bar (for participants age 21+)
- A voucher for a free post-class scoop of gelato at Sundance Grill (for participants ages 19 or 20)
- A voucher for 15 percent discount on breakfast or brunch at Sundance Grill
- And, of course, the experience of a lifetime.
Classes are $225 per participant plus fees.
All equipment, including goggles, is provided. Participants need only bring a swimsuit or towel. Reservations must be booked at least 24 hours in advance. There is a minimum of two participants per class and a maximum of four.
Note: this program is intended for participants who are strong swimmers. This is not a scuba program. Mermaid tails are available up to size XXXL.
Named the “Best Free Attraction in Las Vegas,” the Silverton Aquarium is home to thousands of tropical fish and stingrays. The aquarium is more than 117,000 gallons and is a favorite of locals and visitors alike.
In addition to the aquarium in the center of the Silverton, you can also find a 500-gallon jellyfish aquarium in the Mermaid Lounge.
The aquarium at Silverton Casino is open 24/7 for viewing.
Aquarium Events at Silverton Casino
Interactive Feeding Shows
Daily at 1:30 pm and 4:30 pm
Silverton Mermaid Swims
Mermaids are now swimming at Silverton Casino
Thursday – Saturday
12pm – 1:15pm
2pm – 3:15pm
5pm – 8:15pm
10:30am – 12:45pm
2pm – 3:15pm
5pm – 6:45pm
Don’t forget Bass Pro Shops
Located adjacent to Silverton Casino is Bass Pro Shops. Inside Bass Pro Shops you can find multiple freshwater aquariums to visit.
There is an 18,000-gallon aquarium that simulates Red Rock Canyon’s rock formations as koi swim around in it. In addition, there are three more aquariums inside Bass Pro Shops Las Vegas that feature trout, catfish, carp, and bass.
Vegas Family Guide received payment for this post. All opinions belong to the author.